- How to get visa for Costa Rica
- Taxes and Banking in country
- Diverisity of buying property in different provinces / states
- Quality of Life in Costa Rica
- Marriage and Divorce Laws
About The Country
Costa Rica, is a country in Central America. Costa Rica has consistently performed favorably in the Human Development Index (HDI), placing 62nd in the world as of 2012, among the highest of any Latin American nation.Costa Rica is known for its progressive environmental policies, being the only country to meet all five criteria established to measure environmental sustainability.
Because Costa Rica is located between 8 and 12 degrees north of the Equator, the climate is tropical year round. However, the country has many microclimates depending on elevation, rainfall, topography, and by the geography of each particular region. Costa Rica's seasons are defined by how much rain falls during a particular period. The year can be split into two periods, the dry season known to the residents as summer, and the rainy season, known locally as winter. Football is the most popular sport in Costa Rica.
Costa Rica is home to a rich variety of plants and animals. While the country has only about 0.1% of the world's landmass, it contains 5% of the world's biodiversity.
According to the UNDP, in 2010 the life expectancy at birth for Costa Ricans was 79.3 years. The Nicoya Peninsula is considered one of the Blue Zones in the world, where people commonly live active lives past the age of 100 years.
Reasons to live in Costa Rica
- Medical care is top quality and highly affordable.
- Costa Rica is already home to an estimated 30,000-50,000 North American expats who own property in Costa Rica, or live here full or part time.
- Property taxes are low
- Affordable hired help
- Tax savings
- Good communications with high-speed internet in many areas