- Name: Republica Dominica
- Area: 48670 sq. kms.
- Population: 10.4 million people
- Capital City: Santo Domingo
- Gross Domestic Product: $61.16 billion per year
- Currency: Dominican Peso
- Major Religions: Christianity, Spiritism
- Per Capita Income: $5879
- GINI Coefficient: 45.7
Click to understand GDP, GINI Coefficient and Per Capita Income.
About The Country
The Dominican Republic is a Caribbean country that occupies the eastern two-thirds of the Caribbean island of Hispaniola. The western one-third of Hispaniola is occupied by the country of Haiti. To the north lies the North Atlantic Ocean, while the Caribbean Sea lies to the south.Regular elections are held and the Dominican Republic now has an impressive and fast growing economy with tourism playing a major role.
For the adventure tourist this Caribbean country offers a diverse countryside comprising tropical rainforests, arid desert expanses, alpine ranges and steamy mangrove swamps. It's a playground for trekkers, mountain bike enthusiasts and water-sport junkies.
The northern and eastern coasts are dotted with many luxurious resorts however the Dominican Republic has much more to offer than this. There is the wonderful Caribbean music and dance, exotic foods and drink, popular local baseball games, and the remarkable colonial architecture found in the capital Santo Domingo’s Zona Colonial. There are also sugar plantations, small quaint villages and wonderful mountain retreats to explore and enjoy in Jarabacoa and Constanza. If you're looking for a hassle free holiday that's big on relaxation then the Dominican Republic is the place to be!
Reasons to book your future for this beautiful country:-
- The DR offers many incentives to foreign investors, like no property taxes
- Beautiful Beaches
- Almost always warm and sunny in Punta Cana. It may rain a little at night or in the morning or an occasional light mid-day sprinkle.
- Since the President was educated in the States, he understands and appreciates capitalization in the GOOD sense of the word.
- Punta Cana has very low crime rates