Bahamian citizenship is given to persons who are:
- Born in The Bahamas to wedded parents, with either of parents being a Bahamian national.
- Born to an un-wedded Bahamian female in or outside of The Bahamas.
- Born outside of The Bahamas to a wedded Bahamian male who was not born outside The Bahamas.
- Adopted by a wedded Bahamian male.
- Adopted by a single Bahamian female.
All other foreign nationals who wish to gain the rights, obligations, and benefits stood to Bahamians, and qualify, must seek citizenship.
With a specific end goal to request Bahamian citizenship, persons must be one of the following:
- A legitimate permanent resident in The Bahamas who has had the lawful status for a long time, including the 12 months promptly going before the date of application, and who has resided in The Bahamas for at least 6 years going before the 12 months specified previously.
- A female companion of a Bahamian national.
- Born in The Bahamas after 9th July, 1973 to Non-Bahamian parents.
- A youngster (adopted or biological) who has at least one Bahamian guardian (naturalized or otherwise)
- A youngster born in the Bahamas to non-Bahamian parents.
It would be ideal if you take note of that whilst a male life partner of a Bahamian native may not be qualified for common citizenship, he would be qualified for naturalized citizenship.
- Fill the application form.
- Attatch the finished application form to supporting documents.
- Submit to the Department of Immigration, alongside the expense payment.
- Application Form 1, notarized by notary public or justice of the peace (only female spouse of a Bahamian citizen only)
- Application Form 2, (all persons other than female spouses of Bahamian nationals and persons born outside of the Bahamas to a Bahamian mother and foreign father)
- Application Form 4, (only persons born outside of the Bahamas to a Bahamian mother and foreign father) all minor children
Kindly note that application structures are also accessible at the Department of Immigration.
- 2 passport-sized identical colour photographs of the applicant
- Applicant’s birth certificate
- Parents’ birth certificates (not applicable to spouses)
- Parents’ marriage certificate (persons born outside The Bahamas to a Bahamian mother and foreign father)
- Mother’s passport (persons born outside The Bahamas to a Bahamian mother and foreign father)
- BS$10.00 postage stamp
- Police certificate of good character, issued within 6 months of application (all applicants 14 years and older)
- Spouse’s birth certificate (spouses of Bahamian nationals)
- Marriage certificate (spouses of Bahamian nationals)
- Medical certificate, dated not more than 30 days prior to submission of application (female spouse)
- Bio-data page(s) of applicant’s passport (valid for a minimum of 6 months)
- Work visa (where applicable)
- Permit to reside (where applicable)
- Permanent resident visa (where applicable)
It would be ideal if you take note of that all records must be original. On account of records being in any dialect other than English, confirmed English translations should likewise be submitted.
Once the genuine application has been accurately and totally presented, the candidate ought to get a reaction inside of a 3 to 4 week period.
Persons conceived in The Bahamas to wedded non-Bahamian folks may seek Bahamian citizenship between their 18th and 19th birthday only.
There is a non-refundable preparing charge of BS$100.00 (payable by means of cash or certified/ bank manager’s check.
To get more information & assistance, please submit the form below and our specialist will get in touch with you at the earliest.