Less than three hours from the UK by airways, the wedge-shaped lump of limestone at the bottom of Spain, is a beautiful place to have a second home and live after retirement, has been a British colony since the 18th Century. And although it is warmth by sun 300 days a year, its new attractive tax system that allure most to this self-governing territory.
Let’s look at the Procedure and Laws governing buying property in Gibralatar.
Any person, from any country can buy land in Gibralatar. The sale procedure of a property is similar to that of UK,
- Once a property is selected, Solicitors are instructed.
- Vendor’s solicitor prepares draft contract
- Your solicitor consider draft contract and make enquires and local searches.
- Then you must do structural survey and arrange finances.
- Contracts are approved after amendments agreed.
- Then contract is exchanged and a deposit is paid and parties are bound to transaction.
Stamp Duty is also payable as:
- On a purchase upto 200,000 pounds, no stamp duty is to be paid.
- Between 200,001 and 350,000 pound, 2% stamp duty charge will be charged on the first £250,000with a further 5.5% payable on the value that exceeds £250,000, but under £350,000.
- Over 350,000 pound, 3% on first 350,000 pounds and 3.5% on balance.
- The Government of Gibraltar have extended the nominal stamp duty threshold from £200,000 to £250,000 for “first-time buyers” and “second-time buyers”.
Also no Estate duty, VAT and Capital Tax is levied.
With such favorable laws by government, Gibralatar is one of the best location for your second home.
To get more information & assistance, please submit the form below and our specialist will get in touch with you at the earliest.