Now that you have decided to buy your second home, it’s time to do some forward planning. There are a couple of questions that need to be answered without much ado. Some such important questions are: Since it’s your second home and you are not going to stay for than a couple of weeks a year, what do you intent to do when you are not staying? Will you keep the house under lock and key? Will you rent it out?
Plus you need to consider the maintenance costs of the property too which can sometimes leave a hole in your pocket. As such, converting your house into a holiday home or vacation home makes more sense. Here are some reasons why turning your property into a holiday home is more beneficial than giving it on long lease:
- A holiday home requires no additional costs. All you need to have is a furnished home with all the amenities required for a comfortable stay.
- Being your holiday home, you will definitely not like to rent it out for long lease, because you would like to return from time to time to take a break.
- Renting it out for longer periods will mean more wear and tear to your interiors and the things inside the property.
- Not only will you have the flexibility of period you want to rent it out, you will also have the opportunity of earning more than what you would had you given it out on long lease.
- It gives you the freedom to decide the kind of guests you want to rent out your home to.
- There are several holiday home rental websites who will help you in getting guests while you relax.
- No problems in collecting rent because the holiday home rental website will collect it and deposit it in your bank account.
- The cost of maintaining your second home can be covered with the rental without having to shell out a single penny from your pocket.