Without doubt investing in a property is always a big decision and should therefore be taken very cautiously. Many actually want to buy a vacation or a second home, but are undecided on what they will do with it when they are not staying. Ideally one would be living in the second home for just a couple of weeks in a year and for the rest of the year, it will remain vacant. So they tend to think if actually it is a good decision to buy a property at all.
In this article we will not be discussion what one can do after buying a second or a vacation home, which has already been discussed in our earlier article, let’s try to find an answer to ‘whether investing on a property is a good decision and if so why?’
1. Considering today’s economic conditions across the globe, where many things are uncertain, buy a property can actually be the safest bet. Not only are the prices of properties more reasonable now if we compare with a couple of years back, there are a lot of properties types offering various amenities that can fit any budget to choose from.
2. It goes without saying that when you chose to buy a second/ vacation home, it will more likely to be in a location of tourist interest or in short a tourist destination. With today’s stressful lives, people are taking more vacations than they did a couple of years back. A vacation enables them to come home rejuvenated. As such the question of your vacation home remaining vacant doesn’t arise because you can, with a little effort cater to travelers by renting your house to them.
3. Again if you are buying a second home to rent out, it makes sense to convert it into a vacation rental because it will offer you higher cash rental income. And unlike renting out to an individual, a vacation rental property will give you the flexibility to stay in the property whenever you want to.
4. It always makes sense to buy a property early in life, because even if you have to a loan, you will be able to it pay off and enjoy its benefits by the time you retire.
5. Going by today’s trends, properties are witnessing quite a handsome appreciation over a couple of years from the time it is bought. So even if you don’t earn much as rental, your vacation home will be worth more in just a couple of years. Even many financial investment instruments are unable to give as much returns a property gives to an investor.
Having said that, if you are thinking of buying a vacation home, I would recommend you to read some of our articles which will definitely help you in deciding on the right property that suits needs and budget.
Want help finding a property overseas? We have listed the top destinations in Asia for retiring, investing, and buying right now. Our project reviews will help you make your dream of owning a holiday home a reality. Just click on the country, browse the properties we have featured and contact the developers directly:
To get more information & assistance, please submit the form below and our specialist will get in touch with you at the earliest.