Cooking – A leisure activity which doesn’t involve much physical strain while being engaging.
Most guests these days watch masterchef series and seem to enjoy it. No, we are not suggesting a masterchef demo or a glorified chef class. I am only elaborating on the fact that most guests are exposed to a lot more variety that we can think. Food is on everyone’s lips; so why not make it an activity to enjoy conversations and creations.
Cooking is an activity enjoyed by both adults and kids or both together. We have already talked about cooking with kids and this time I would like to stress on “cooking with adults”.
Cooking as an activity will require a bit of planning in terms of:
- Choosing the right cuisine
- Levels of cooking – easy, moderate or difficult
- Grouping age groups together from kids to adults
- Time of the day – during breakfast or before lunch/dinner.
Example: Elaborate cooking before breakfast may become a task rather than a leisure activity.
- Depending on the number of guests, the activity can be divided into groups of 4 or more in number.
- You could also send your guests a list of cooking activities to choose from well in advance.
Cooking as a game:
Tasty and finger-licking games can be a fun way of engaging audience.
- Prepare tasty treats and blindfold adults or kids and ask them to guess the ingredients.
- Give the guests ingredients to dish up something original and the tasty dish can get a prize.
- Online gaming is also catching up with most of the guests carrying their kindle or ipads. A suggested competition with high scores can get a bit competitive.
Involving guests in post planning cooking can also create interest. Some of the activities that can be suggested:
- Sushi rolling and cutting
- Barbecuing with pre-marinated meat or veggies
- Baking with pre-mixed and measured ingredients
- Making crepes or dosas with pre-mixed batter. Toppings for the crepes can be placed on the guests table to choose from.
Involving guests in regional cooking:
You could also showcase regional cooking as an interest to explore. Each region will have a history and ingredients to display. Since the ingredients are available locally the interest and your expertise can create an experience for your guests. A lot of homestays these days involve guests in hands on experience.
Cooking is an activity which is enjoyed when shared amongst like-minded people. It can also help break ice amongst other guests or bring together the entire family of all age groups. Planning ahead will not only look professional but will also help to create an enjoyable experience for your guests.
To get more information & assistance, please submit the form below and our specialist will get in touch with you at the earliest.