It goes without saying that a standard swinging door can take a lot of floor space as against a sliding door is convenient and compact. Typically a standard door occupies anywhere from 7.5 to 9 sq ft of floor space, thus making it difficult for home-owners on the placement of furniture. Sliding doors are fast catching more eyes as home-owners aim to maximize space and add an architectural element to their rooms.
Thus sliding doors while saving space can also create an illusion of spaciousness. Although the foremost benefit of installing sliding doors is saving on floor space, there are other benefits too. Here are some:
1. These doors can add an elegant and stylish flair to your and enhance the appearance of the room by giving the impression of having no barrier between the inside and outside. They can no doubt infuse character to your home.
2. Installing sliding doors are very simple! No extra alteration is required because they are hung on a surface mounted rail system above the original opening. You just decide have to where the fixture needs to be installed. The sliding mechanism does not take up too much space in the interiors of your home.
3. Since these doors can be custom made, they can be installed almost everywhere – in hallways, kitchens, baths, family rooms, bedrooms and closets.
4. You can pick from a wide range of materials used to make these doors. There are sliding doors made from glass, wood, teak-board, UPVC, aluminum and vinyl. Most manufactures offer customization on size and sliding mechanism to be used.
5. What I like about sliding doors is the fact that you can create a partition for some privacy or to create a separate space within a larger space without making and structural changes.
6. Sliding doors create the illusion of a bigger, brighter, and more vibrant room. Glass sliding doors in the patio allow extra sunlight into a room making it have a natural appeal.
The only disadvantage I find with sliding doors is the fact it requires a little bit of maintenance. The slider mechanism requires oiling from time to time. The slider grooves should also be cleaned so that dust and dirt do not accumulate and obstructs the doors from sliding smoothly.
To get more information & assistance, please submit the form below and our specialist will get in touch with you at the earliest.