Climate – tropical marine; moderated by warm waters of Gulf Stream
Population – 385,637
GDP (Per Capita) (2018) – $34,102
Official language – English
Major religions – Christianity (95.8%), Others (1.1%)
Ethnic Groups – Afro Bahamian (90.6%), European (4.7%), Mulatto (2.1%)
Government – parliamentary democracy under a constitutional monarchy; a Commonwealth realm
Currency – Bahamian Dollar (BSD)
Taxes – There is no individual income tax in the Bahamas.
Residency by Investment:
Permanent Residence has become very popular and accelerated consideration of application is given to major international investors and owners of residences valued at around $500,000 or more. Should the investment in The Bahamas or residence be valued at $1.5 million or more, a response from the Immigration Department is guaranteed within twenty one days of submission of a complete application. The government fee for this is a one-time fee of $10,000 and$100 for an applicant’s spouse and dependent minors. In addition to paying the B$100 processing fee the following documents are required:
- A copy of the bio-data page of the applicant’s passport;
- 2 passport-sized identical colour photographs of the applicant, with the applicant’s name printed on the reverse side (photographs must not be more than 6 months old);
- An original police certificate of character (issued not more than six months prior to the submission of the application;
- Original birth certificate (In the case of certificates that are written in languages other than English, an English translation should be submitted, sealed by the appropriate Consular Office where applicable, with a BS$10 Bahamian postage stamp affixed to it;
- An original medical certificate dated not more than 30 days prior to the submission of the application;
- 2 original character references, written by persons known to the applicant for at least 5 years;
- Parents’ birth certificate;
- Parents’ marriage certificate;
- Marriage certificate (married persons);
- Spouse’s death certificate (widowed persons);
- Divorce decree (divorcees); and
- Financial statements from applicant’s financial institution citing a figure range, and verifying economic worth
- Upon approval of the application, the applicant must pay an additional B$250.00 before he receives permanent residency.
Citizenship by Investment:
To be Updated.
What makes it special?
To be Updated.